Thursday, October 11, 2007

Doing some reflecting...

Well, I was going through some of my older posts on this blog today, and I realized just how much I have changed in the course of about 1 and a half years. It made me feel kind of bad about how happy and not-caring I used to be, as cliche as that sounds. So here is a poem in honor of how things change too fast...

November

The delicate sheen
Of thin coats of ice
A silvery petal on each
Of the roses

The pale light
From the November sun
Dances in reflections
Skating over the ice

Even the thorns
Glisten in the light
Misleadingly beckoning
To prick your finger

The roses must be cut
Severed from their source
To save them from
A withered fate

Save them from
Slowly turning black
And dying
Inch by inch

But it is hard to watch
As the ice melts away
And drips slowly down
The frail bouquet

And I almost think
I would prefer to see
A blackened, withered
Deadly rose

Than rip away
These few moments
Of precious time
In pale November light

rapunzel.in.black