She runs, she runs, as fast as she can,
Run little girl, as fast as you can.
Tell yourself that he’s not following you.
But he is. They are watching you always,
When you eat and when you sleep.
She runs because she likes the feeling
Of the wind threatening to rip the skin
Off her face. Of her splitting dry lips
And her achingly tearing muscles as she
Keeps going, on and on, into the pinpoint
Horizon that is really never reached.
But she is only a little girl, and she doesn’t
Want to think too much about what will
Happen once the iron bars of living catch up
To her, when she is too tired to keep going,
When her legs are no longer beneath her and
She is flying.
Know not where you go,
Know not what you see.
She sees me.
A/N Woah! An update! Haven't seen one of those in ages...yeah, sorry guys. Well, I don't really know what I was thinking when I wrote this poem, because it started as like, a creeper poem, with the guy following her and all, then I decided that the guy should just be life following her, and then the end...I don't even know what that is. It just sounded cool I guess. So basically it's a bunch of ideas splooshed together, and I don't really know if I like it or not. I guess I like parts of it, but I've written better. The inspiration for this was basically the Gingerbread Man story, from which the line "run run as fast as you can" kept playing in my mind, because I realized it's kind of really rythmic (sp?) and cool, and it kept playing like a stuck record in my mind, so I was like, might as well write something, maybe then it'll go away. Wow, I'm rambling. Anyways, comment please!