Wednesday, March 10, 2010

News (finally!)

Hey guys. So something has finally happened in my life. Remember the story I wrote a little while ago? The title was "Pennies"? It mimicked James Joyce? It was posted in three parts? Anyways, I had submitted that story, along with my play, to the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards (www.artandwriting.org) a few months ago.

Basically, to summarize, my story has been recognized for the Gold Key award. Some statistics: about 165,000 people applied this year, and about 1,000 received the Gold Key award. Some other famous people who have received the Gold Key award in the past are Sylvia Plath (!!!), Joyce Carol Oates, Truman Capote, etc. From here, the story will be reviewed by various publishers/famous authors, and so on, and they will judge it to see if it qualifies for the final scholarship award.

ANYWAYS. I'm really excited. Okay, done bragging now. In other news, soon I will probably post my latest short story that I wrote in fiction writing, maybe. Farewell for now.