Sunday, March 08, 2009

A Pillow Book

Since I cross-advertise for myself on all my different accounts, here is the deal. I have started a pillow book on fictionpress.

def. Pillow book: A collection of random musings and observations, kind of like a diary/journal except less structured. Basically, it translates from a book that one would keep under their pillow to record their thoughts.

Clearly, I don't keep my laptop under my pillow, so this isn't a true pillow book. But, it is a pillow book all the same. It's a lot more personal for me to write, because there are no lies in my pillow book. It isn't a story, it's really my thoughts, without hiding behind any kind of character.

Since it's basically a collection of little blurbs, with no true skill involved in the writing, I am not going to post my pillow book here on my blog, mostly because it will be updated almost every day, and none of you want to read my thoughts every single day. Seriously, you might think you do, but you don't.

BUT, if you are interested, there is a link (clicky clicky) right next to this post to my fictionpress page, where you can read my pillow book. You can leave reviews there as well, I don't think you have to have an account to do it. If you do, and don't want to get one, feel free to comment here.

Last but not least, in case you are blind/don't read summaries the pillow book is titled "may lightning strike me". Enjoy!