Thursday, September 24, 2009

Blessing in Disguise

On a night like this
I can’t stay inside, so I run outdoors for
Hours at a time. Did you see the sunset last night?
In a haze of golden-orange-lovely glow, there is some meaning
In my words, as I whisper this loving message into your ear
And you turn to me and I see your blank eyes.
In that moment you are dead to me.

I saw a lily blossom, with rusty powder-dust falling from its petals, staining my fingers, and I didn’t know what to do with myself anymore.

There is a twinkling in the sky, but it is not the stars.
I look up, and I see your smiling face and mischievous eyes sparkling at me.
Where I saw only darkness before.
Where have you gone?

There is a beating, a tapping sound that is produced by melancholy faces staring, teeth chattering, they are looking at my face through hollowed cheeks and empty eyes.

For a moment I hear the whistle of the band leader
The twirl of the flag-twirlers
In the next moment I can only hear your scream.


A/N: Wow, I'm definitely on a roll here. As you can probably tell, I'm trying out a different style of writing here, and I think I really enjoy it. It pretty much ends up being wordblurt, but that's okay, because believe it or not, this poem does have some other meaning. Guess what it is! Also, if you thought this, you are correct, there is, in fact, a reference to a certain teacher in this poem...

Bye.