I curse these possibilities
Of wandering from this side of the line
To the other
And all to find an answer
Within myself
Blessed is the man who may
Be a fool for all his life
Never questioned
Never burned
Never believed
Never spurned
The catastrophes have befallen us today
In that chemical reaction
That added acid to acid
That turned water to wine
Your falsities have changed me
Your chirality belying only the slightest possibility
Of a truth
I envy you, your ability to so quickly spin these tales
I envy you, your ability to release them into the air
Not holding, not grasping, not reaching for redemption
Just smiling and waving, smiling and braving
A/N: So, I think this one's meaning is a bit more obvious than some of my other recent works...and it was inspired by chemistry, of all things. And my love for the word "chirality", for no apparent reason. Unsure about the quality...there are parts I like, and parts I want to remove, but I never change my poetry, which is a really bad habit.