It strikes me as strange that almost none of my friends have heard me sing before. Well, no, you have heard me sing probably, but you haven't heard me sing Hindustani, which is something I actually consider a huge part of myself. It's also one of my few talents, dare I call it one.
In fact, many of you don't even know what Hindustani music is. So let me enlighten you.
http://www.kuow.org/program.php?id=18776
You should click on the link in the sidebar that says "Listen to KUOW Presents" to listen to the recording.
This is an excellent piece that was on the radio today. It's about 13 minutes long, and it is a good explanation of Hindustani music, along with some of the music itself played in the background. They are interviewing a local artist, who is actually a friend of our family's.
Someday I may post a recording of my own singing here, but today is not the day. Honestly, I'd rather you heard it live, because in my opinion my voice sounds way better like that, and there tends to be less scrutiny of a live performance.