Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Play.

Hey guys,

A quick promo on my part. I wrote a play for the YPP (Young Playwright's Program), and will be submitting it on Tuesday. The YPP is a program run through the ACT theater, and if my play is chosen, it will either be published or performed at a local theater.

I'd really appreciate it if you all could read my play, and your comments are super helpful to me. The play is posted on my Fictionpress account. It is called For the Justice. Link below:
http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2743642/1/For_the_Justice

You can either comment on Fictionpress or right here on this post.
Thanks!

EDIT:
A clarifying note, since I have gotten a few comments on this. Chris and Taylor are not hipsters. I am aware of that. The description was merely intended to describe how they are dressed, but I can see that it would be confusing. I have changed the descriptions to include exactly what they are wearing instead of saying "hipster". Also, they talk like that because they are stoned. Also, another thing that I think may be confusing if you don't understand why I did it (aka if you can't read my mind), Chris and Taylor are actually quite intelligent and well-read, as seen by knowing about Joyce, etc. However, they are also complete stoners--something that is true about a lot of today's youth (what do you know? Culture criticism is present in this play after all!).

Another clarifying note: they are talking about the particular bands that they are because those are the bands I happened to be listening to while writing most of this play. Hopefully that clears up some confusion...