Sunday, January 24, 2010

What to do?

The feeling of Senior Spring that was wonderful lasted about 10 minutes. Then I was bored.

It feels like that's how my life constantly is now. It fluctuates between being ridiculous and painful to entirely boring. Is this what we call a "sad truth"? Or is it just "the truth"?

The lyrics to a song that is not finished. I'm not sure where it is going, but I know that I kind of like the first line, therefore it has to go somewhere...Also, I have been informed by various people that this song sounds like it is referring to crystal meth, which I realize now is glaringly obvious, but I assure you, initially unintentional. I may change the name "Crystal" to make it not sound like that, but I kind of almost like the reference...

I’m riding the wave of the power lines
You’re walking beneath me, slow as time
Colorless, pale, absolute
There can be no reason, no reason at all
There can be no reason, no reason to fall

Beaks of birds move far too fast
Comprehension never lasts
Cleared away the thoughts of rest
Backing into the workday, the endless crest
Endless high
Endless high

Crystal I seek you, I seek you out
In the corner, breaking out
Gallant men, they said they were
Fools with crossbows, dead and hurt

Beaks of birds move far too fast
Comprehension never lasts
Cleared away the thoughts of rest
Backing into the workday, the endless crest
Endless high
Endless high