I have begun to write a series of short....I don't know what to call them. Drabbles, I guess, but that term sounds so unprofessional. Not that I consider myself professional. Inspired by extremities, here is the first of the series.
Too Thin
She keeps telling me about her problems but should I pretend I care? Really I don’t, even though I feel her pain through her perfectionexterior that keeps pissing me off so much. I can see her ribs through her back and it’s scaring me-scarring her just a bit, maybe I should tell someone who cares more than me because why can’t I care? She smiles at me and tells me that she’s gone down three sizes and this doesn’t impress me it just makes me feel worse about hating her, and a little worse about myself why do I feel that? It’s not like she’s cool because she’s stupidskinny and losing weight by the millions, but this little part of me that doesn’t feel sorry for her feels sorry for myself for not looking as good as she does why do I think she looks good?