Sunday, December 13, 2009

OH MAN

OH MAN GUYS. I wrote a song. This song has actual music for the chorus. This is super exciting. I am choosing to ignore the fact that it will hardly be a minute in length. Whatever. Repeating verses is always an option. Here is my song:

Clever fingers meet your eyes,
At the crinkled corners just inside
We’ll hold your hands away, yeah

Black lines are drawn across your arm
The children are inside, the children are inside
Clearly marked with thrilling charm
The children stay inside, inside, inside

Clear away your classic songs
From the table where they remain
Remove them from my shaking arms
My blank eyes are to blame
My eyes take all the blame

Clever fingers meet your eyes
At the hardened corners just inside
Stay on the floor where I belong
You cleared away your classic songs

Multi-colored lights are shown
Above the trees, where grass is grown
I’ll lie awake on every night
Wondering where you’ve gone
Since you took all your songs

Cradled head in icy arms
Hold your head in breaking arms
Hold your head in silent arms
My eyes take all the blame

Yeah, that's my song. The temporary title is "Classic Songs", which may need to be changed. Also what may need to be changed is the verse beginning with "multi-colored lights", because I don't like it. It sounds like it was written by 10-year-old-me. Overall, this is not great, but it is not bad. Right? Right? And yes, I did write this song when I was supposed to be doing something else. That's okay. Right? Right guys?