In case you don't know, Bartleby the Scrivener is a...short story, I'll call it, by Melville. Now, I don't know about everyone else, but this is probably the height of useless English readings for me. Yes, we are reading this story in English class. In a short summary, the story consists of a man called Bartleby, who refuses to take orders but is a good worker, then he randomly quits but refuses to stop living at the office. Him living at the office...that in itself is random and useless. So, I will now write a short, even more useless, poem, on how much I hate this story.
Bartleby is a scrivener
Who seems very driven...er
But he refuses to take orders
And so he is very border (line)
I really don't like him
The outlook for me is grim
As I'm reading this stupid story
Which isn't even gory
I didn't do the reading
Because I was feeding
Bartleby says he prefers not to
I prefer not to READ THIS STUPID THING