Some more experimentation with my previous style here, and I give you, not one poem, but TWO!
They're pretty short though...
they taught her
they taught her everything she needed to know
from falling
to breaking
to smashing into pieces
but they forgot to tell her how to
put herself back together again
and now she’s at the bottom of a cliff and
she doesn’t know how to get back to the top
because her legs have collapsed from
the pressure of the fall
and her bones are broken into fragments
of hurt
and she feels like crying but she tells herself
to be strong because there are people who
suffer more than
she does
blinding (for lack of a better title)
the lights are blinding
with many sparkles of broken
fragments of shine
that seep into her closed
eyelids and then
she can’t get rid of the stupid
lights that keep coming back
and hurting her eyes
because they are too white
and they are too bright
but daylight never comes
so she is left in the darkness
with only the stupid bright
lights as her friends
EDIT: wow! I just realized after I posted that I hadn't actually finished the second poem. I'll leave it up so you can read what I have, but I'll repost it when it's actually finished. Sorry about that...