Thursday, November 15, 2007

Things that tick me off...

There are many things that really bug me, but I probably won't be able to remember them all right now. Here are a few though...

1. Every game we ever play in P.E. is totally male-dominated. For all you guys who say "I have passed to a girl before", all I have to say is "yeah...once." This is pathetic, because even if you are actually remotely good at a game, you never get a chance to prove your worth, because you never get passed to. Which brings up the subject of participation, and trying. Trying is actually graded upon in P.E., and girls are already at a disadvantage because they can't try if they don't get passed to. So pretty much what we end up doing is running up and down the field/court, continuously....and oh so hopelessly.

2. The whole "kicked in the balls" vs. "menstrual cramps" argument. Quite frankly, I don't care if getting kicked in the balls hurts more, or whether cramps hurts more. All I know is that neither gender knows the pain of the other, and neither should care. What should happen is that guys should appreciate that once a month, girls will be in a bad mood, and girls shouldn't kick guys in the balls. Unless the guy is trying to rape them or something.

3. Parental "talks". Seriously, wtf man. I talk to my parents every day, and it always somehow ends up being a discussion of values. That’s not what bugs me though. What bugs me is that now my parents want to have a “real” talk. Quite frankly, I’m pretty sure that every discussion we have ever had has not been a product of my imagination, and was pretty real as far as I am concerned. To me, what the word “real” means is something where we end up screaming at each other by the end of it. I’d prefer to avoid that for as long as possible.

4. Math tests. I swear to God, it’s not healthy to be that worried on a regular basis. Every ****ing time we have a math test, I end up spending the entire night before and the day up until the test totally breaking down every few minutes. It’s not only unhealthy, it also doesn’t help me whatsoever on the test, because I totally panic on every question. And fail. Why on earth did I take Intensive Geometry??

5. The Mile. Whoever invented this fitness test was obviously a sadistic little ****, because it is possibly the worst thing in the world. The feeling before of wishing you were really as sick as you feel just so you wouldn’t have to run, and the feeling afterwards that “oh, it wasn’t that bad” makes me want to kill something, preferably that person who invented the test.

6. Men in general. What the hell is wrong with guys, honestly? I can’t even put into words how I feel about this, so I’m just going to leave it at that.

7. Rap/Hip-hop. I’m sorry, this is not real music, and nothing will ever convince me that it is. I’ll grant that there are a couple of songs that I listen to in this genre, but this is only because they are immensely amusing. Like “Get Low”, or “Beep”. All other songs that fall under this category are ****. I’ll let you fill in those blanks with whatever you please.

8. People who use the word “gay” as an insult. IT IS NOT AN INSULT. I cannot emphasize this enough. There are actually people that are gay, and saying “that’s so gay” is exactly like saying something like “that’s so white” or “that’s so black. It is JUST AS OFFENSIVE. Also, saying things like “it doesn’t work because it’s gay”. Do you know what the word gay means? Don’t answer that, because if you are using it as an insult, obviously you don’t.

9. People who use the word "hella" where it shouldn't be used. Saying "that's so hella" does NOT MAKE SENSE. Get over it. You may use hella preceding an adjective, but not on its own. In other words, "thats hella wierd" makes senes, as opposed to "that's hella". I rest my case.

10. The word “wannabe”. Here, I will use one of my favorite quotes, the best part being that it was actually me who said it.
“Don’t call anyone a wannabe, because what’s wrong with wanting to be?” – me


Since 10 is a nice round number, I’ll leave it at that, even though there are a hundred more things I have to say. But I’ll reserve those for other times, and other rants. After all, I have to have something to write about on this blog, do I not?