Monday, November 12, 2007

Inspired by ranting...

So since all my friends are ranting on their blogs, I decided to do a little rant of my own. However, unlike them, I have no common train of thought, so this will probably go on about 300 tangents. Which is an amazing movie by the way (see? tangents already).

So first of all, I am starting to hate being female. Not that I would ever go and have like, a sex change or anything, but I was going shopping for a guy friend of mine the other day, and the clothes in the boys' department were really awesome. It made me really sad, because whenever I go shopping for myself, I can't find anything whatsoever that is not either skimpy as hell, or ugly as hell. Or just hell itself. And I found myself wishing that I could get away with wearing a t-shirt with a guitar on it and jeans/shorts EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY LIFE.

Speaking of which, why on earth do guys wear shorts on freezing days? Is it just to prove their manliness, or do they just really not feel cold?

My next topic is something that is extremely opinionated, but I'll try not to offend tooo many people. This is the issue of building an identity for yourself. In a way, I feel that everyone wants to fit under some sort of label, because otherwise you feel like a blob just wandering around randomly. I spent all of last year trying to make an identity for myself, and then I finally figured out why it didn't work as well as I thought.

The reason is that people just don't want to accept change. Ever. Never ever ever. Unless you have been doing something since the beginning of time, you cannot do it. In other words, you cannot decide to change your image out of the blue. You can't show up to school wearing all black if you haven't been doing that since forever. Therefore, although I tried so hard to have some sort of identity, it almost backfired and I ended up having to start over. From the beginning. With no groundwork laid out for me.

This has been very hard to do in the midst of my friends suddenly polarizing and deciding to split up into two groups that don't even talk to each other. Which is sad, because I love all my friends (okay, almost all of my friends), and so I now have to divide my time between two groups that refuse to be in the same room as each other.


Wow, I haven't ranted like that in a while. Maybe I'll have to do this more often, it is a good way to vent.

Now rapunzel has to go get an ice cream sandwich.

rapunzel.in.black