This isn't a poem, but I wrote it for fanfiction as a chapter of a story that pretty much was trying to say "I am putting this story on hiatus"...anyways, it turned out pretty interesting, so I decided to post it. Here ya go...
When there is nothing left of you, what can you do but break?
Nothingness is familiar, and darkness is your friend.
The absence of hope becomes something you know all too well, so why do I still feel so alone?
Loneliness creeps into my sanctuary, with white walls staring me in the face, unafraid to confront a creature so broken.
Stretched to breaking point, until the simple weave of skin can no longer hold you together, and snap, strand by strand.
Each time I slice into my arm it takes me to the brink of deliverance, and brings me back into this hell of a world.
Yet I keep doing it, just so I can feel so close, so damn close I can’t even stand it anymore.
What is pulling me back from going over the edge?
What is stopping me from ending it?
I can’t answer that question, I doubt there is anyone who can.
So I am stopping my story, until I can trust myself enough to continue.
P.S.
Ignore the last line, thats the "on hiatus"-ing part.
rapunzel.in.black